According to Section 375 (12-a) of the New York State (NYS) Vehicle & Traffic Law, car owners are not required to drive their cars if they have dark front side windows or windshields. According to the law, the front side window and windshield should not block more than 30% of the light. Hence, at least 70% of the light from outside should pass via the window. The law also applies to rear windows unless both sides of the car have outside rear-view mirrors. The exterior rear-view mirrors are required to give the driver a full & clear view behind the car.
If your car is classified as a coupe, hatchback, convertible, station wagon, sedan or hardtop, the rear side windows should allow at least 70% of the light from outside. If your vehicle is labeled ‘Passenger Car’ on the federal label (you can find it on the left front door panel), your vehicle falls into the above categories. Car owners are not required to install glass that doesn’t comply with this law, offer to sell or sell their cars. Also, operating with a vehicle whose glass does not adhere to the law is illegal.
At NY Window Tint, we pride ourselves on offering the best services. Besides helping you select the most effective window tint for your home, office, or car, we will install the window tint film at an affordable price. We are the leading window tinting company in New York because our installers are licensed, skilled, knowledgeable, and highly experienced. Each of our installers has more than 15 years of experience in the window tinting industry.
Why Should You Consider Installing Window Tints?
- Window tints improve your privacy and safety. Tints make it hard for people to spy on your house or car. The thicker window tints reduce smash & grab break-ins
- Installing window films in your home/office will lower the utility bills because you do not regularly run the HVAC.
- Window film helps in cooling down your home, car, or office by reducing heat.
- Since window film blocks the ultraviolet rays of the sun, it offers 99% UV security.
- If you are looking to minimize glow while driving, installing window film can help.
- Window films offer 80% infrared radiation security.
Are you searching for a window tint near the area? We offer tinting services to automotive, residential, and commercial property owners. We offer professional window tinting services in New York City and surrounding areas up to 20 KM radius. If you have any window tinting questions, please call us via (917) 893-3883.